In April, Forefront and the Education Equity Fund announced an opportunity for professionals serving nonprofit education organizations to build relationships with peers, deepen their ability to navigate ongoing challenges, and collaborate with other community-based education organizations. We are thrilled to announce the recipients of Education Equity Fellowship.
- Ana Mercado, Alternatives
- Anthony Bolden, Chicago Debates
- Sana Jafri, Chicago Learning Exchange (CLX)
- Rocio Ortega, Chicago Literacy Alliance
- Derrick M. Fleming, Jr. (He/They), Chicago Scholars
- Cinaiya Stubbs, Chicago Youth Programs
- Yemisi Odedina, Children First Fund: The Chicago Public Schools Foundation
- Samera Hadi, Girlforward
- Natasha Smith-Walker, Project Exploration
- Sara Ziglar, Red Clay Dance Company
- Ana Wright, Young Chicago Authors
- Lily Rocha, Young Invincibles
As part of the cohort, these twelve recipients—each representing organizations serving BBIPOC and/or ALAANA individuals/communities— will receive:
- Eight customized workshops focused on strengthening their organizations and beginning to recover from the effects of COVID-19.
- A group of peers to whom they can turn for collaboration, help, and support
- A capacity assessment that identifies organizational strengths and challenges, and provides recommendations for addressing their most important capacity building needs
- One year of free Forefront Membership for their organization
- A $5,000 honorarium (paid to their organization)
Please join us in congratulating the Education Equity Fellowship recipients!