Help us celebrate the Trust's remarkable milestone!
The Chicago Community Trust is celebrating 100 years of impact with its On the Table initiative on May 12.
At the inaugural On the Table in 2014, thousands of Chicagoans came together to break bread and discuss how to collaboratively build and maintain strong, safe, and dynamic communities.
On the Table 2015 is about celebrating philanthropy and inspiring more people to embrace that spirit of good will towards others. It's the start of a movement to make our region the most generous and compassionate in the nation.
In honor of the Trust's 100th birthday, Donors Forum needs your help in organizing 100 tables for May 12.
As a Member of Donors Forum, we know you will be able to provide unique insight and perspective on the theme. Your On the Table event will inspire more people to call on their "inner philanthropist" and help make change in Chicago.
How to Set Your Table
1. Set the topics of your table. At your table, you might talk about:
- How can we help end homelessness in our neighborhood?
- How do we mobilize our strongest advocates to gain awareness for our cause?
- How can we build a culture of volunteerism and philanthropy in the workplace?
Please refer to the Trust's Host Toolkit for a series of common discussion prompts that will connect the thousands of conversations that will happen on May 12.
2. Set the style of your event. All events will take place on May 12. It can be a breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It could be a formal sit-down meal, a picnic, or a brown-bag gathering at your organization. Get more ideas in the Trust's Host Toolkit.
3. Set your guest list. Eight to twelve guests per table is ideal. Guests can be friends or colleagues — or use the opportunity to meet someone new! Donors Forum can help you fill your table(s) with a diverse group of guests who can meaningfully add to your conversation. For more information, email Kathleen Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Set up your event with the Trust. Register your table here, on the Trust's website. Make sure to indicate you heard about On the Table from Donors Forum.
5. Enter "Donors Forum" in the referral field. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Kathleen Murphy at email@example.com.
We hope you'll consider hosting a table on May 12 for On the Table 2015.
Your participation and stories of philanthropy will inspire others to give their time, treasure, and talent to make our region better. Bring your passion, energy, and devotion to the table.
– Eric Weinheimer, President + CEO, Donors Forum