Board Performance and Culture – Building the High-Performance Board
March 29 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Is your board asking the right questions? Do they know what a high-performance board should be doing? Do you have the right culture to build a high-performance board? Is your Board Chair-CEO relationship as strong as it can be?
In this highly participatory workshop, participants will explore the following:
• Understand the elements of a high-performance board
• Identify the key elements in your own board that will make a difference in the board’s culture and performance
• How to move your board from focusing on operations to governance
• Learn the key elements of a high functioning Board Chair-CEO relationship
• Develop an action plan that will help you enhance board performance and culture for greater impact on your mission.
Rena Henderson Mason, Bold Agenda. Rena is a trusted advisor to mission-driven board and staff leaders, helping them shape their boards for high performance and tell their unique stories. She is a ICF-Certified Coach and BoardSource Certified Governance Trainer with extensive training in high performance coaching, board development and group process facilitation. She has coached Board Chairs and Executive Directors/CEOs through a range of organizational challenges including growth, leadership transitions, strategic alliances, restructuring, turnaround and crisis.