- This event has passed.
Getting to Zero-IL Funders Breakfast
August 26, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am CDTFree
Please join us for breakfast!
The Health Affinity Group of Forefront has identified “Getting to Zero New HIV Cases in Illinois by 2030” as one of its top initiatives to engage in. We invite all funders to join us in this exciting statewide initiative to learn how it may intersect with your portfolios of health, community, diversity, equity, workforce, and advocacy.
Illinois is at a key moment in the four-decade-long history of the HIV epidemic. Medical break throughs allow people living with HIV to lead long, healthy lives and people vulnerable to HIV are able to protect themselves. Despite these advancements, Illinois continues to see increasing HIV rates among populations who endure multiple barriers; including racism, housing insecurity, transphobia, and under- or unemployment. Today, we have the opportunity to end these disparities. Getting to Zero Illinois is an ambitious plan to end the HIV epidemic in Illinois by 2030. Join us for this important discussion to learn more about the GTZ-IL plan!
- Dave Kern, Deputy Commissioner, HIV/STI Bureau, Chicago Department of Public Health
- Judy Perloff, Chief Program Officer, Chicago House and Social Service
- Maya Green, MD, Regional Medical Director and Primary Care Provider, Howard Brown Health
- Erik Glenn, Executive Director, Chicago Black Gay Men’s Caucus
- Introduction by John Peller, AIDS Foundation of Chicago
Luis Roman, JB & MK Pritzker Family Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Pounder, Comer Family Foundation, email@example.com
This event is for Grantmaker Members of Forefront.
Please make sure to login in order to get your member discount applied to your ticket/tickets