- This event has passed.
Solidarity + Resilience: Community Organizing Under Extraordinary Circumstances
October 1, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 amFree
The playbook for community organizing no longer holds, and new tactics are needed to make sure the people of Illinois get the resources and representation they need. Join Forefront for a conversation with organizations that have exercised creativity, strengthened collaborations, evolved their practices, and learned valuable lessons about how to effectively organize and engage in communities under extraordinary circumstances.
Using the lens of the IL Count Me In 2020 program’s success facing a host of challenges in the fight to ensure that communities are fully counted and represented in the 2020 Census, this discussion will provide key lessons on how to create resilient organizing and outreach efforts moving forward. Speakers will include:
• Holly Ambuehl, Illinois Partners for Human Service
• Byram Fager, Southern Illinois Community Foundation
• Shelly Heideman, Faith Coalition for the Common Good
• Joi Wells, Workers Center for Racial Justice
• Tawa Mitchell, John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation (moderator)
Please make sure to login in order to get your member discount applied to your ticket/tickets