As a fiscal sponsor, Forefront provides administrative services, technical assistance, fiduciary oversight, and human resources for individuals and nonprofits engaged in charitable work. Fiscal sponsorship is a safe and supportive home for individuals, nonprofits, and others that are hoping to meet their mission regardless of their IRS standing, longevity, and administrative & structural efficacy.
By providing these invaluable tools and services, Forefront has worked together with numerous organizations and individuals who need help to meet their mission and enrich the people and communities in Illinois.
Fiscal sponsorship with Forefront includes:
- Reviewing grant requests submitted for funding under Forefront’s name;
- Receiving contributions for the Project/Initiative;;
- Submitting payment of invoices for goods and services rendered to execute the Project/Initiative;
- Review and receive copies of completed reports in support of the Project/Initiative, as requested;
- Providing periodic financial reports/activity review of financial activity throughout and at the conclusion of the Project/Initiative, or as requested;
- Entering into contracts on behalf of the Project/Initiative;
- Hiring employees or independent contractors, in support of the Project/Initiative;
- Providing certain administrative and operational assistance, and;
- Becoming a Forefront Member with access to all member benefits, including access to programs, advocacy, resources, collaboration and tools.